French Toast Alert System

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And So, My Fortieth Year Ends

Halloween 2011.  Munchkins went ToTing as cowpokes.  We went to the smaller town next to us and went down two streets.  They had a great time, she yelled "Trick or Treat!" at everyone and "Happy Halloween!" and "Look, Mom!  A Pirate!" or whatever the costume flavor was when one passed.  I had to prompt him to say "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" to everyone.  He just wanted to see what people had in their candy bowls for him to take.

The last two weekends, we've torn out one of the plaster walls in the living room and repaired lathe and put up 1/2" shiplap foam for insulation purposes.  I put plastic on three of the dining room windows.  Doing that prompted me to move the mountain of computer parts off of the desk that was in front of one of the windows.  It all went up to the third floor and I swapped the elliptical machine and the desk that was in front of the window, so the whole room has opened up a bit.

I turned the heels on mom's socks yesterday.  Now to work up the leg!  I may actually get these out to her in time to mail by her birthday.  I can hope (and knit like a fiend!).  I'm also working on a wisp, an improvised cardi, and hexipuffs.  I broke down and bought the pattern from Tiny Owl Knits so that I could center out puffs AND the original puffs.

I also "got back into" BPAL.  I'm wearing Dancing with Death at the moment.  Love it.  I also LOVE Carnival Diabolique, The Robotic Scarab, Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand, and Blood Kiss.  I still have about ten that I need to try ON, but I'm almost through all of my purchased imps.  Sigh.


Frack died yesterday morning.  I don't think she was egg-bound as we got an egg from her (at least, I'm pretty sure one of the three eggs we got was from her) just the day before...but she died, regardless.  I was moping about it all day.  Realistically, we are going to be EATING these birds before all is said and done, but it just felt weird to lose her so early and for an unknown reason.

Scott brought home my birthday gift early though-check it out!
So, I've been busy loading it up and figuring it out.  I love gadgets SO HARD.  Tonight we're going to his dad's for my birthday dinner.  Rose is going to keep the kids this weekend so that Scott can take me out.  They're both so good to us, I love having these wonderful people for my In-Laws!

Mom made me a quilt for my birthday/Christmas gift.  


I've been very blessed.  I have a great life and I appreciate everything that has brought me here and all the things that keep me here.


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! What adorable lil cowpokes! And what a fantastic tablet for your birthday! Have you uploaded any patterns to it yet? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jen! :-) Sounds like your day was fantastic. That quilt is gorgeous and a vizio tablet! You lucky girl! I want one...want, want, want. :-) The kids look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! That tablet looks fab. The kids costumes do too!

    Poor Frack. At least the other chickies are okay?

    ReplyDelete